7 Pages
English

Frost & Sullivan: Greener Retail Facilities and Redevelopments Create Opportunities for FM Providers

Gain access to the library to view online
Learn more

Description

Frost & Sullivan: Greener Retail FacilitiesFrost & Sullivan: Greener Retail Facilities and Redevelopments Create Opportunities for FM Providers PR Newswire SYDNEY, March 4, 2014 -- Construction of green shopping centers and redevelopment of existing outlets will enable FM providers to offer integrated services The mature, yet highly fragmented Australian facilities management (FM) market for retail, wholesale and warehousing is likely to find new opportunities in the trend toward more sustainable facilities and redevelopments or extensions. While new construction activity remains subdued, the opportunity to offer bundled or integrated services represents a significant untapped market. Recent analysis from Frost & Sullivan, Strategic Analysis of Facilities Management in Retail, Wholesale and Warehousing – Australia, finds that market revenues are expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 0.8 percent over the period 2012 to 2019. In 2012, 35 percent of FM services were outsourced and the remaining 65 percent, delivered in-house. Of the outsourced services, only 9 percent was estimated to have been delivered as an integrated facilities management (IFM) solution, while 91 percent was delivered as 'other services' (70 percent provided as single FM services and 30 percent as bundled FM services). The FM market, like many others, has benefitted greatly from Australia's stable economic climate.

Subjects

Informations

Published by
Published 03 March 2014
Reads 6
Language English
Frost & Sullivan: Greener Retail Facilities and Redevelopments Create Opportunities for FM Providers

PR Newswire

-- Construction of green shopping centers and redevelopment of existing outlets will enable FM providers to offer integrated services

The mature, yet highly fragmented Australian facilities management (FM) market for retail, wholesale and warehousing is likely to find new opportunities in the trend toward more sustainable facilities and redevelopments or extensions. While new construction activity remains subdued, the opportunity to offer bundled or integrated services represents a significant untapped market.